Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How to write a limerick poem

I guess, you wouldn't have known what a limerick poem is, have you? I know you were familiar of nursery rhymes. Maybe you've heard that during when you were a kid or when your mother sings nursery songs to your little brother. But you know what? Nursery rhymes is a limerick poems Now, maybe you were thinking that limerick poem derived from nursery rhymes? No, you're wrong! It is the other way around. Or somehow to make the word "limerick" friendly to other people they often called it as nursery rhymes.

How to write a limerick poem?

How to write a limerick poem

I guess, you wouldn't have known what a limerick poem is, have you?
I know you were familiar of nursery rhymes. Maybe you've heard that during when you were a kid or when your mother sings nursery songs to your little brother. But you know what? Nursery rhymes is a limerick poems Now, maybe you were thinking that limerick poem derived from nursery rhymes? No, you're wrong! It is the other way around. Or somehow to make the word "limerick" friendly to other people they often called it as nursery rhymes.


Limerick poem is a light or humorous poem with 5 lines of which the 1st, 2nd, 5th line have the same measure and rhyme, while 3rd, 4th line formed another rhymed couplet with a shorter measure. Its rhyme scheme is AABBA.

Example:
Thinking what should I reply
By words, make you smile, oh my!
"Pretty cute, you are"
I'd texted an hour
But you replied, "It's a lie!"

I use ballpen when i write
I use pencil, to rewrite
For my "Life" is words
And book of Records
Change not pastbut parents might.
The rhythm of a “limerick poem” goes just like this:

bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH
bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH
bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH
bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH
bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH bah-bah-BAH

0 Comments

Post a Comment